What is ISO 9001: 2015?
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised Quality Management System standard that provides the framework and key principles to help organisations consistently achieve, and where possible exceed, customer satisfaction for the product or service they supply.
The key principles are:
- Customer focus.
- Engagement of people.
- Process approach.
- Evidence-based decision making.
- Relationship management.
To obtain and maintain accreditation to this standard it requires a clear commitment from the top management to ensure everyone one is engaged in achieving the organisations quality objectives.
The benefits of which include:
- Increased customer satisfaction, improved customer loyalty, repeat business and an enhanced reputation.
- Heightened capability in attaining quality objectives through better communication across all levels and functions within the organisation.
- Greater involvement in understanding the organisations quality objectives and thereby improving the likelihood of achieving them.
- Focussed attention on key processes and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing confidence to interested parties of the organisations ability to manage processes and their interaction with each other.
- Collective drive for continual improvement.
- Increased capacity to review, challenge and change opinions and decisions.
- Enhanced performance when responding to risks and opportunities.